My introduction to acupuncture presented itself 30 years ago when my son Daniel was struggling with asthma. The western medicine drugs were causing him to have horrible side effects and weren’t resolving his condition. A concerned friend referred us to an amazing Doctor of Chinese medicine, he recommended cupping treatments, which he preformed on my son’s back which relieved his symptoms. Observing this fascinating medicine and the extremely successful results, my eyes were opened to a world of healing medicine I never knew existed. I immediately scheduled an appointment for myself and experienced the profound healing benefits of acupuncture. I was intrigued and continued to explore and experience a variety of Chinese Medicinal / Healing practices in my own life with amazing results.
I had the privilege to study with Li Haan M.S. L.Ac. an extraordinary Practitioner of Chinese Medicine and Shiatsu on Maui for a number of years. I received my Nursing degree in 2003 and after working as a nurse on Maui and in Australia for a few years, I realized that although I loved caring for people, certain aspects of Western Medicine didn’t resonate with me, I once again found that my path led me back to the study of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. Earning my Masters Degree has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
I’m the proud mama of 4 loving sons and 3 darling grandchildren that I adore and enjoy spending time with as often as possible. I’m a nature loving tree hugger and enjoy cooking, eating, practicing tai chi, qigong, yoga and sharing laughter and hugs freely.
My love for this medicine and desire to support each individual in healing is my passion . I look forward to meeting you and working together to attain your goals for optimal health and physical and emotional well-being.
My Ponderings and Perspectives
- I feel that emotional wellness begins in the mind, understanding how our thoughts create our reality is fundamental in attaining emotional wellness.
- I believe self care + self love = a healthy body, mind and spirit.
- I consider food as medicine, how we feed ourself matters. Ask yourself what quality of life do I want to live? Do I feed my body with healthy nutritious whole foods?
- Water is the fluid of life, stay hydrated!
- Exercise – walk, hike, sweat, yoga, tai chi, does a body good.
- I know that by utilizing a holistic approach to your care, we can reduce or eliminate the need for prescription medications.
- I trust our bodies have an innate ability to heal.
- Acupuncture stimulates the release of endorphins the “feel good” hormones or natural opioids, which help to block pain in the body.
- Acupuncture is very effective approach to supporting detox from pharmaceutical synthetic opioids.
- I am confident that my knowledge, skill, and continuing education can support you in achieving your health goals.
- Dipl.Ac. Nationally Board Certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- M.S.Ac. Master of Science in Acupuncture, from The Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This degree includes over 2500 hours training in acupuncture, auriculotherapy, moxibustion, cupping, tuina, electrical stimulation and nutritional therapy as well Western medical disorders and disease.
- L.Ac. Colorado State Licensed Acupuncturist
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique by The Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM).
- I am a current member of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado (AAC)
- University of Hawaii Nursing degree
- Advanced Reiki Practitioner Certification
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Certification
- Dr. Dave Shipsey – Abdominal Acupuncture Certification 2018
- Kiiko Matsumoto – Japanese Acupuncture Training 2017
- Esoteric Acupuncture Certification – Dr. Mikio Sankey 2016
- Injection Therapy Certification – Michael Young 2016
- Medical Qigong Certification – David J. Coon 2016
- Reiki level 1,2 and Advanced Certification – 2015 – 2017
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Certification – Denise Ellinger 2015
- Dr. Tan’s – Pain management Training Acupuncture 123 & Global balance 2014
- CPR/First Aid Certification – Current
- Landmark Education 2011 Denver CO.
- Yoga Teacher Certification 2007- current – Denver Institute of Yoga